Online Learning 6-12 Director
Kolbe Academy seeks an Online Learning 6-12 Director for the 2022-23 school year and beyond. The Online Learning 6-12 Director will report to the Chief Academic Officer and will oversee a team of department chairs who leads a group of online teachers responsible for the instruction and learning for all of Kolbe’s 6-12 online students. Along with process and policy management, the position provides creative oversight and strategic vision in keeping with the school's mission to hire, train, and retain mission appropriate teachers to serve the student body. The director will also help to identify, develop, and implement strategies to improve teacher pedagogy and teaching.
- Manage the hiring process for all new online teachers.
- Manage substitute teacher needs for the 6-12 school.
- Creation and implementation of teacher training prior to the School year’s start.
- Organizing and holding quarterly in-services for teachers.
- Overseeing the creation and implementation of student orientation each school year.
- Modify and improve school policy and procedures in collaboration with the CAO and department chairs.
- Manage a team of department chairs
- Monthly One-on-one meetings
- Regular department chair meetings
- Providing support and consultation especially in areas of HR situations.
- Support for all online teachers as needed through daily email, Teams, and Schoology communication as well as weekly reminder updates as needed.
- Creation and implementation of teacher evaluation tools and schedule.
- Annual live evaluations of online teachers.
- Coordinating school-wide surveys and compiling/analyzing data.
- Planning and implementation of Kolbe’s online summer courses in conjunction with the Director of Online Elementary and the CAO.
- Involvement in accreditation process.
- Consistent communication with 6-12 online families throughout the school year.
- Coordinating teacher of the month.
- Coordination of club moderators.
- Duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing others in a professional environment, managing process implementation, and collaborating with others. The ideal candidate will always be willing to stay focused on Kolbe’s mission while approaching the needs of a large remote staff and student body.
- Experience working remotely and managing a remote team.
- Experience in support and training of staff/faculty.
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects effectively towards implementation and adoption by faculty.
- Master’s degree or relevant experience required.
- Management level experience in hiring for related positions
- Experience managing professional level staff with leadership, management, and administrative skills that motivate and build professional support staff competencies.
- Leadership experience in a school setting.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Travel to Kolbe headquarters as needed, as well as travel for work related projects.
- Must be able to work a consistent weekly schedule within the 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM Eastern time frame.
- Work outside of regular school hours may be necessary at times especially during school start and enrollment season.
- Position is full-time including during the summer months.
- Position does not require relocation.
Salary and Benefits
The position is salaried and is competitive based on local market rates of the candidate. Kolbe Academy offers health, dental, vision, life insurance (with AD&D), 403b as well as a very robust Company Holiday Program and Paid Leave Policy.