Academics Advisors provide phone, email, and chat consultation to Kolbe families and serve as the "teachers of record" for all traditional school-at-home courses within the Academic Services Department.
This position is responsible for most aspects of assisting home schooling families, including, but not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service via phone, e-mail and online chat re: curriculum, educational philosophy, instructional techniques, college preparation, etc.
- Processing registrations and preparing instructional materials
- Assessing quarterly progress of students by reviewing and commenting on work samples
- Preparing grade records, transcripts and diplomas
- Grading junior high and high school level work
- Developing/revising curriculum materials
- Giving online presentations on Kolbe’s programs
- Traveling to home-school conferences and speaking to prospective parents regarding Kolbe's program and curriculum
- Must be a practicing Catholic willing to take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium and to make a Profession of Faith.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Must be able to work consistent weekly schedule covering at least some portion of the hours of 7 AM to 4 PM Pacific time.
- Some travel may be required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and pleasant phone demeanor
- Must be able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable learning new technology
- More advanced computer skills a definite plus
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish highly desired but not required
- Very desirable is either experience with home schooling or having been home-schooled, or past experience teaching or tutoring
- Ability to provide specialized instruction or assist in developing curriculum in a specific subject area is desired
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Full-time or part-time hourly, wage DOE.
Full-time position includes medical and dental.
Position start depends on availability of candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant academic, professional and personal references to via our online application. In addition to your educational background and any homeschooling/teaching experience you possess, please include a list of the subjects in which you are capable of providing specialized instruction and/or working on curriculum development.
Kolbe Academy is a private, Catholic home school program offering a classically-based education based on Ignatian principles and the principle of subsidiarity. Kolbe has been educating and forming young minds and souls since 1980.