Academic Services Representatives provide administrative support to the Academic Services department in the areas of grade reporting, enrollment, and admissions.
This position is responsible for most aspects of assisting home schooling families, including, but not limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service via phone, e-mail and online chat re: curriculum, educational philosophy, instructional techniques, college preparation, etc.
- Processing registrations and preparing instructional materials
- Assessing quarterly progress of students by reviewing and commenting on work samples
- Preparing grade records, transcripts and diplomas
- Grading junior high and high school level work
- Giving online presentations on Kolbe’s programs
- Must be a practicing Catholic willing to take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium and to make a Profession of Faith.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work consistent weekly schedule covering at least some portion of the hours of 7 AM to 4 PM Pacific time.
- Some travel may be required
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and pleasant phone demeanor
- Must be able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable learning new technology
- More advanced computer skills a definite plus
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish highly desired but not required
- Very desirable is either experience with home schooling or having been home-schooled, or past experience teaching or tutoring
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Full-time or part-time hourly, wage DOE.
Full-time position includes medical and dental.
Position start depends on availability of candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae, including relevant academic, professional and personal references to via our online application.
Kolbe Academy is a private, Catholic home school program offering a classically-based education based on Ignatian principles and the principle of subsidiarity. Kolbe has been educating and forming young minds and souls since 1980.