An online instructor must be a self-starter, and willing to lead an online course using Kolbe Academy curriculum. Kolbe will provide the course plan, books, software and training needed to be successful in this role.
Responsibilities for Teachers, Grades K-5:
- Teacher will be hired as the primary teacher for a single grade level (tracking progress in all subject areas)
- Teacher will adapt Kolbe course plans to fit the online model
- Teacher will outline the weekly schedule and assignments for his or her class
- Teacher will post a weekly schedule every Friday for the following week
- Teacher creates supplemental video instructions for weekly activities
- Teacher will create formative & summative weekly assessments
- Teacher will help form reading & math groups based upon assessment and ability.
- Teacher will conduct live classes with groups of students as scheduled.
Other K-5 responsibilities include:
- Check email and Schoology messages on a daily basis, Monday-Friday not including holidays or breaks.
- Return graded assignments within a reasonable time frame.
- Hold office hours upon appointment on Friday mornings.
- Complete training in all technology, Kolbe philosophy and policy, and online teaching pedagogy.
- Attend faculty in-service meetings as directed.
- Attend all department meetings as scheduled.
- Classroom teaching experience and/or tutoring homeschool students
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Master's degree in field or teacher certification (any state). Preferred
- Previous experience teaching in an online environment. Preferred
- Pass Kolbe Academy technology and online learning certification course.
- Dedicated work space appropriate for conducting live online classes in a professional manner.
- Experience teaching the specific grade level in the classroom and/or online
- Passion for technology and familiarity with online learning
- Ability to create synchronous and asynchronous videos
- Familiarity with materials in multiple subject areas
- Engaging personality
- Flexibility and passion for getting something off the ground
- Organized and Professional
- Catholic and Virtuous
- BONUS: Understanding of Classical/Ignatian Methodology
- BONUS: Remediation training, Orton Gillingham training, or Spalding training