Pursue Higher Level Courses

Kolbe students can pursue honors, AP, and college credit courses, whether they’re full-time students or supplementing their curriculum with individual classes. We work closely with parents to ensure that these course credits reflect a higher standard of education and effort.

Traditional School at Home Honors and Courses

Honors Courses

Kolbe Academy offers the Honors (H) Course Designation to students in traditional school at home courses who complete a more rigorous course of study as outlined in our individual course plans. To enroll in an Honors course, please select the Honors option on your student’s enrollment form, or submit a Course Change Request Form. Check our tuition page for information on fees associated with honors courses.

Obtaining Honors for a Homeschool Course

Theology, Literature, and History

Students may pursue the Kolbe Honors (H) designation in Theology, Literature or History by submitting specific assignments and tests as outlined in the individual course plans along with the course’s Honors Coversheet.

Math, Science, and Creative Writing

For a homeschool or self-paced student to earn the Honors designation in English 12 (Creative Writing) or any applicable Math and Science course, the student must follow the specific guidelines for earning the Honors designation as outlined in the course plan for the individual course and must include the course’s Honors Coversheet along with the required samples.

Female Student on Computer

Online Honors & AP Courses

Obtaining the Honors or AP® Designation for an Online Course

Honors or AP Courses

Kolbe Academy offers a wide ranging options of Honors and AP(TM) courses in high school. Honors courses are offered in traditional, self-paced, or online course formats and in all academic disciplines. AP courses are only offered in the online course format and in the following disciplines:  Literature, Science, and Math.

AP® Testing

A student does not need to be enrolled in an AP course in order to take an AP exam. The burden of taking the AP exam is on the parent and student. Kolbe Academy does not locate or provide a physical setting for students to take the exam. You may enter Kolbe’s CEEB code (Kolbe's Code is 052084) on your test form if you would like to have your exam scores reported to us. Please visit the College Board website to get up to date information on registering for and taking AP exams.

Female Student on Computer