AMDG. After making the choice to homeschool, it can be difficult to admit when hard days arrive. After all, we signed up for this, right? It’s easy to forget that every road comes with bumps and leads to blisters sometimes. As the school year stretches on and the excitement of the holidays dissipates, Therese Prudlo, Amanda Hayes, and Krysten Pizzurro share their experiences with burnout: what it is, what it feels like, what it tells us we need, and what can make it better. The group discusses ways to address and mitigate burnout, the reassurance of community and vulnerability, the importance of asking for help when you need it, and the power of silence and rest.
Related Kolbecast episodes:
- 61 Middle Ground with Amanda Hayes and Alex Pischke
- 124 In This Together and 125 Call the Advisor with Krysten Pizzurro, Karen Allgood, and Erica Treat
- 36 Embrace the Fifth Day and 37 Take a Moment with Therese Prudlo
- 29 The February Staredown
- This blog post about mottoes might be helpful right about now.
- Schedule a call with your Kolbe advisor.
- How to connect with Kolbe families via the Schoology directory
- org Help Center
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
What questions do you have about homeschooling, the life of faith, or the intersection of the two? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned for answers. You may hear them answered in an upcoming Kolbecast episode!