Forging a Path: Kolbecast Episode 127
AMDG. It's never too early to think about what life after Kolbe looks like. Today, Kimberly Farley—director of homeschool partnerships for the Classic Learning Test—joins Bonnie and Steven with her background in homeschooling and her expertise in college preparation. They discuss easing stress levels when approaching college prep, constructive understandings of standardized testing, and how to use testing as a tool for understanding. Plus, they touch on considerations for dual enrollment, including both tangible and intangible benefits and drawbacks.
Kolbecast episodes mentioned and relevant:
- 120 Substance Matters with CLT founder Jeremy Tate
- 83 This Is Only a Test
- 59 The Secret Whiteboard
- 109 A Lifetime Venture with Dr. George Harne
- 40 Windshield Time
- 99 Gifted, Graced, and Formed
Resources and offers from CLT:
- Listen in for a discount code on all test registrations just for Kolbe families
- CLT test dates and deadlines for the full suite of exams
- Journey through the Author Bank seminar series, a free webinar with a scholar from a partner college discussing an author from CLT’s author bank
- CLT’s podcast Anchored episode with Kimberly
Other links from the episode:
- Kolbe graduation requirements and diploma programs
- Dual Credit Courses via Kolbe Academy’s partnership with The University of St. Thomas
- Dual credit webinar recording
- College planning webinar recording
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
What questions do you have about homeschooling, the life of faith, or the intersection of the two? Send your questions to email@example.com and stay tuned for answers. You may hear them answered in an upcoming Kolbecast episode!