AMDG. Many of us aren’t familiar with what the Catholic Church teaches on money, finances, and possessions. We think of missionaries as being poor, but that isn’t always the case—from hair shirts to heiresses, the saints have had a wide range of financial situations and gifts. In this episode, Jonathan and Amanda Teixeira of Wallet Win join the Kolbecast crew to discuss handling money virtuously. From discerning how we can best use our resources and give them back to God with increase to the idea of “maximum fruitfulness,” the Teixeiras share how helping young people say yes to God’s call in their lives includes financial literacy.
Episodes of The Catholic Money Show mentioned in the conversation:
- 3 More Saints for Financial Help
- Sts. Louie and Zélie Martin – Catholic Entrepreneurs Par Excellence
- 3 Saints to Pray to in a Financial Pinch
- Heiress to Religious – The Story of St. Katherine Drexel
- Holy Disinterest with St. Louis Martin
Relevant Kolbecast episodes:
- 92 Protect, Guide, Prepare, Empower
- 96 Adults in Training
- 121 Roots & Wings
- 146 Stepping into the Arena: Bobby Angel on our Call to Holiness
- 166 Dr. John Cuddeback on Dwelling Together Richly
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, including the “Life after Kolbe” tag, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!