AMDG. The harmony between education’s tangible and intangible features is our focus today as Soren Schwab of the Classic Learning Test joins us. Soren shares some comparisons and contrasts between German and American education, discusses the hyper-specialization seen in some modern education, touches on the concept of school choice, and describes how the infrastructure to support and provide classical education has grown in the past decade. He also highlights the proper relationship with standards or metrics as part of education.
- Kolbe’s Dr. Jordan Almanzar on CLT’s Anchored podcast
- Return to the Classics and The K-12 Education Renaissance by CLT founder Jeremy Tate
- Information about the new CLT exams for grades 3-6
Relevant Kolbecast episodes:
- 120 Substance Matters with CLT founder Jeremy Tate
- 127 Forging a Path with Kimberly Farley, CLT’s Director of Homeschool Partnerships
- 83 This Is Only a Test with Kolbe testing specialists Jon and Chris Bates and curriculum director Maggie Hayden
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
What questions do you have about homeschooling, the life of faith, or the intersection of the two? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned for answers. You may hear them answered in an upcoming Kolbecast episode!