AMDG. Writer, theater maker, game designer, and alumnus of Kolbe and Yale University Alexi Sargeant joins the Kolbecast in this episode to discuss community and storytelling in the past, present, and future. He speaks with experience as both a student and a teacher about encountering Shakespeare and other dramatic works meant to be spoken, highlights the intersection of theology and culture, and nerds out with Steven and Everett Buyarski about the role of the fantastical in a life of formation.
Saintly Creatures: 14 Tales of Animals and Their Holy Companions, Alexi’s new book, is available now!
Links mentioned and relevant:
- Doxacon, the convention bringing together faith, truth, fantasy, and science fiction, happening November 3 & 4, 2023, in Arlington, VA
- Games that Alexi has built
- Alexi converses with Word on Fire’s Haley Stewart about his new book Saintly Creatures
- Kolbecast episode 172 A Gift-Laden Voyage with Philip Kosloski of Voyage Comics
A sampling of Alexi’s writing:
- Winter’s Tale: The Icy Pang of Contrition and the Gift of Thawing Grace
- Men of Fidelity
- God and the Gamemaster
The Kolbecast is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and most podcast apps. By leaving a rating and review in your podcast app of choice, you can help the Kolbecast reach more listeners. The Kolbecast is also on Kolbe's YouTube channel (audio only with subtitles). Using the filters on our website, you can sort through the episodes to find just what you're looking for. However you listen, spread the word about the Kolbecast!
Have questions or suggestions for future episodes? We'd love to hear from you! Send your thoughts to email@example.com and be a part of the Kolbecast odyssey.