AMDG. Personality encompasses both nature and nurture, from biological traits and education to family of origin and cultural background. Temperament is one important piece of personality. In this episode, Art and Laraine Bennett describe the four classical temperaments, their long Catholic tradition, and their pragmatic applications for homeschooling families. Working from the foundation that temperament is God’s way of kickstarting a personality without putting anyone in a box, Art and Laraine explain how understanding temperaments helps homeschooling parents understand what doors will be easier to open and what doors will take more work when educating their children. They also touch on managing reactions, learning styles, mental illness, and appropriate discussions about temperament for various ages of children.
- Check out the Bennetts’ websitefor more information about their books, the Know Thyself game, and their other offerings.
- Take their temperament quiz here.
- Catholic Therapists online directory
- Character Building by David Isaacs
- No Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
Kolbecast episodes mentioned & relevant:
- 167 Sanity & Sanctity with Johanna Seagren of Interior Kingdom
- 45 Grace Perfects Nature with Dr. Peter Malinoski and Jody Garneau
- 77 The Road Less Traveled with Celeste Cuellar
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
Have questions or suggestions for future episodes? We'd love to hear from you! Send your thoughts to email@example.com and be a part of the Kolbecast odyssey.