AMDG. Experienced Kolbe parent Lindsey, mother to four sons between eleventh grade and kindergarten, shares the reasons behind her loyalty and enthusiasm today. Speaking from her decade of ups and downs (but mostly ups), she describes the pragmatic and profound benefits her family has seen from Kolbe, how she juggles schedules for students in multiple grades, and the factors involved in balancing schoolwork with athletics. Lindsey, Bonnie, and Steven also discuss hands-on tips for enrollment season and the beginning of the school year, as well the value of the sacrifice that homeschool parents make.
Kolbecast episodes mentioned and relevant:
- 120 Substance Matters with Classic Learning Test (CLT) founder Jeremy Tate
- 127 Forging a Path with CLT Director of Homeschool Partnerships Kimberly Farley
- 143 Partners in a Liberal Arts Renewal with CLT’s Soren Schwab
- 86 The Rivendell of the Newman Guide with Dr. Ryan Messmore of Magdalen College
- 145 Subsidiarity, Support, and Resources detailing Kolbe’s expanded Student Support Services program
- 103 Above and Beyond with Nancy from the Kolbe bookstore
- 76 Study Buddies with National Honor Society students
- 148 Engage & Apply discussing Kolbe’s core, honors, and AP course offerings and how to decide among them
Other Kolbe resources mentioned:
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
What questions do you have about homeschooling, the life of faith, or the intersection of the two? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned for answers. You may hear them answered in an upcoming Kolbecast episode!