AMDG. As the doldrums of January and February set in, we turn to one of the most important topics for homeschooling families: encouragement. Karen Allgood, Julie Meyers, Jamie Coelho-Kostolny, and Maggie Hayden join us to share their whys for homeschooling, the highs and lows they see in their own families and their Kolbe families, and some affirming moments they've experienced that brought peace and reassurance during days of struggle. If you’re in a time where some disasters are obvious and some solutions aren’t quite visible, or if you’re just feeling the weight of some cold short winter days, this episode is for you.
Previous Kolbecast episodes featuring today’s contributors:
- Karen on 124 In This Together and 125 Call the Advisor
- Jamie on 94 A Boy, a Book, and a Library Mouse
- Maggie on 83 This Is Only a Test and 113 At the Kolbe Table
Other relevant Kolbecast episodes:
- 9 with Kolbe alumna Monnica Prudlo
- 15 It’s Greek to Me
- 17 Secure to Explore
- 18 Homer and the Hunger Games
- 24 Rise and Shine
- 26 Truth in Person
- 27 An Appreciation of Wonder
- 105 Not Just for Special Occasions
Other resources mentioned in the episode:
- How to connect with Kolbe families via the Schoology directory
- Kolbe.org Help Center
- Kolbe blog, including this article about mottoes
Kolbecast episodes cover a range of topics relating to school at home, the life of faith, and Catholic education. Using the filters on our website, you can sort the episodes to find just what you're looking for. If you listen to the Kolbecast via a podcast app/player, we'd be so grateful to you for leaving a rating and review. That helps us reach more listeners. However you listen, please spread the word about the Kolbecast!
What questions do you have about homeschooling, the life of faith, or the intersection of the two? Send your questions to email@example.com and stay tuned for answers. You may hear them answered in an upcoming Kolbecast episode!